Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies Review


The Battle of the Five Armies is the final film in the Hobbit trilogy, prequels to the famous Lord of the Rings Trilogy. It is the culmination of Bilbo Baggins journey with the company of Dwarves. The stakes have been raised as the estranged Elves, Men, and Dwarves must join forces to combat the evil armies of Orcs. But something much more ominous is going on than anyone has expected...
I'll be honest, I went into this film not expecting much, especially after my disappointment in the rumors I had heard. But that just goes to show you shouldn't believe all the rumors surrounding movies....  This was by far the best of the three Hobbit films, though nowhere near the brilliance of Lord of the Rings. The actors performances were absolutely amazing, especially Richard Armitage as he traversed the darker facets of Thorin’s character. The ending of this film was beautiful, but heart wrenching. It certainly hurts to lose characters you have grown to love dearly....
Yes, some things drove me crazy, mainly the cheesy and unnecessary love story between Tauriel and Kili and the fact that my favorite character was not given nearly enough screen time. But overall, it was beautiful. By the end, I found myself asking "Why does it hurt so much?" and Thranduil's answer brought me comfort: "Because it was real." To Tolkien fans, these stories are real, they inspire us and give us hope. 
So was it worth watching? Absolutely! 
P.S.  That favorite character I was speaking about was Fili. At the end of this film, Fili had become the character closest to my heart. 

4 comments:

  1. Personally, I think by him not getting much screen time, actually seems like he got a lot screen time cause everyone was thinking if/when we would see him again:) But that's why I love Fili; because he's the quiet one, the caring older brother, and the obedient nephew:) I think people like him because he's not one of the more popular dwarves...although fangirls have made him one of the more popular dwarves=D Love your blog btw:) Now, I know a lot of people don't like Tauriel but personally I just think it's funny how in the dungeons Kili is 'trying' to flirt with Tauriel and I'm sure Fili was in the next cell just face palming himself=D lols:) Hey, if I was an elf maid and my friend just captured a whole bunch of attractive dwarves(a.k.a.the Durins)I'd probably want one to love me as well:) I also laugh whenever Legolas ruins the moments between Kili and Tauriel...he's so stinking' funny:) Where are my manners? Hello, I'm Sarah at sarahssword.blogspot.com
    I'm 15...I'll be 16 in June
    I love all things Tolkien and Marvel(mainly Thor and Hawkeye though;)
    I want to go to New Zealand, Ireland, or London, England some dayXD
    I'd love to meet Richard Armitage...although I'd probably faint and fumbled with my words=)
    These are just some things for you to get to no me better:)
    Have a look around my blog if you will and I would love if you would comment:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. to 'know' me better;) not 'no' me better:) oops=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaack YES! I went into it with low expectations, having greatly disliked DOS, but I ended up really loving it. And oh my gosh, what you said--"because it was real"--ohhh, I'm dying, that's just too perfect of a description for how you feel at the end...(random, but that's actually how I felt at the end of BBC Robin Hood...)

    Sorry, that comment probably didn't make any sense:-P But great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Olivia (and you too Sarah!) Thanks so much for checking out my blog! I must say, I love both of yours and can't wait to read more from you guys.
    As for your comment Olivia, it made perfect sense! I'm really glad you felt the same way, because I thought I was just going crazy from my emotions over it all ;P

    ReplyDelete