Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Few of My Favorite Things: Part 2

These are the fangirl related ones ;)
  •  Lord of the Rings/ The Hobbit
This is literally my favorite book/movie series of all time. It makes me laugh and then cry. It is both inspiring and heartbreaking. It is something I will never grow tired of reading or watching because it's a timeless story of light conquering darkness, of unexpected heroism in the face of unfathomable fear.
              "There's some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for."  - Samwise Gamgee
  •  Star Wars
              I'll admit to liking the new Star Trek movies, especially Into Darkness. And that's only because of a man named Benedict Cumberbatch ;)
              But I'm really a Star Wars fan at my core. Original trilogy all the way. And as for the prequels, I couldn't understand why in the world my brother was making me watch A New Hope first. I mean, why not start at the beginning with Phantom Menace? Let's just say I learned his reasoning pretty quickly :) For me, the only saving grace of Episode 1 was Liam Neeson. And Revenge of the Sith wasn't terrible. But that's a discussion for another time.
  •  British Actors
              Eddie Redmayne, Benedict Cumberbatch, Theo James, Tom Hiddleston, Liam Neeson, Richard Armitage, Luke Evans, Dean O’Gorman… Okay, so maybe they’re not all British. And I do like some American actors (Chris Evans, anyone?), but again, that’s another discussion. 
  •  Pinterest
  •  Superheroes (as you already know)
  •  Writing/ Reading (particularly the World War II era)

And… the many other things I like but don’t have room for in this post.

1 comment:

  1. LOTR/The Hobbit all the way!!! Best movies in the world=D Richard Amritage, Dean O'Gorman, Tom Hiddleston, and Luke Evans...the best! I also like Jeremy Renner(Hawkeye). He's a good actor:)

    ReplyDelete