Sunday, October 26, 2014

Chocolate Book Tag

First, I'd like to apologize for not having any new posts lately. It seems like I come up with this wonderful idea to blog about and then when it actually comes to writing it, my mind goes blank. A post on the new Avengers Age of Ultron trailer is in progress, so keep an eye open for that. 
Anyway, today I'm doing the Chocolate Book Tag. Since I'm new to blogging, I've never done a blog tag before and this one looks really fun! Thank you Beth over at Adventures of an Elven Princess  for nominating me!                   
                                                                                                               

       Here goes! 
Dark Chocolate (a book that covers a dark topic) 

       Hmm... probably the Zion Chronicles series by Bodie and Brock Thoene. It's a wonderful series about the struggles and persecution of the Jewish people and the boundless love of God, especially the struggle of one such Jew, who was forced to live a life of sin at the hands of the Nazis and came to learn what it meant to be loved unconditionally. 

White Chocolate (a light and humorous read)

Well... I don't really read too many humorous books since I tend to enjoy more serious, thought-provoking ones. So, I'll probably have to go with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. Yes, I admit it's tragic at times, but the humorous dialogue between the children and the talking animals always makes me laugh :) (The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien is another good "white chocolate" read)

Milk Chocolate (a book with a lot of hype that you're dying to read)

Definitely The Giver and The Hunger Games series. I know what you're thinking: *gasp* "She's crazy! Who hasn't read those books?" In short, my mother doesn't approve. But even though I love her dearly, I don't have the same mindset, so my goal is to read them at some point in the future to judge for myself. From what I've heard, they sound like wonderful stories with beautiful messages and values.


Caramel Filled Chocolate (a book that makes you feel all gooey inside)

Oh, these are my favorite types of books ;) I'm gonna go with For Such a Time by Kate Breslin. Aric. If you've read it, you know what I mean ;)

Wafer-less Kit Kat (a book that surprised you)

Pierced By a Sword by Bud Macfarlane Jr. My first reaction was: "Oh, great; this is gonna be another boring religious book." (I love my faith, but religious books just aren't my favorite) Now, halfway through it, I'm captivated. As a warning, it is very Catholic, so it may not be for everyone, but it is very inspiring. 

Snickers (a book that you're going nuts about)

The Divergent series by Veronica Roth. Enough said. But really, I don't know of any other series that has made me laugh and cry as much as this one (besides Lord of the Rings, but then nothing can compete with that). And talk about wonderful characters: Tobias, Tris, Uriah... Okay, now I'm just making myself sad :(

Hot Chocolate with Mini Marshmallows (a book you turn to for comfort)

While the Bible would be an obvious choice, The Story of a Soul by St. Therese never fails to inspire and comfort me in my struggles. 

A Box of Chocolates (a series you feel has something for everyone)

This may be a bit cliche, but The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien [I bet you can't tell who my favorite author is ;)]  The brilliant, awe-inspiring story of Middle-earth has remained a much loved classic of literature for generations. I think the very fact that movies are still being made from the books and The Hobbit is still being read in high school after all these years lends itself to the timelessness of Tolkien's works.



Again, thanks Beth for the nomination, I had so much fun doing this tag! And since I don't know too many other bloggers at this point, I'm going to nominate Dakota over at Dakota.Q's High school Blog and any others who would like to do their own tag.

Hmmm, this puts me into the mood for some real hot chocolate....



1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm new to your blog; I found it through a comment of yours on Beth's:) It looks epic, and I'm going to have a lot of fun stalking the archives *ahem*.

    Isn't this tag fun?! Oh, and TOLKIEN. Yes forever;)

    ReplyDelete