Saturday, October 4, 2014

About Me

Hello!
     I guess I should probably start off by sharing a little about myself. My name is Elizabeth and I'm a complete fangirl (as is probably obvious by my blog's name). My fandoms include Star Wars, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit (anything in the realm of Middle Earth), Marvel (sometimes DC), Sherlock, and occasionally period films (North & South being my favorite to date). It all started with A New Hope when I was 11 and it's been a whirlwind since then.
     Besides that side of me, I love to write, whether it's plotting out story-lines and exploring new characters or pondering everyday things in my journal.  And I typically prefer listening to speaking, which usually comes across as shyness to those that don't know me.
     Another much-enjoyed pastime is reading. They say reading goes hand-in-hand with writing, which is certainly true for myself. Lately, I've been particularly interested in suspense/romance novels that take place in the World War II era. I strongly suggest For Such A Time by Abigail Breslin. It's a wonderful story of the struggles and hope of both the Jewish people and a Nazi himself. It follows the story of Esther from the Bible.
    I'm also a person who loves classics, especially due to the old-fashioned way in which they are written. But I also very much love J.R.R. Tolkien's writings. My favorite of his books was the Silmarillion, despite what a struggle it was to read it :) For those that have read it, you understand what I mean.
     My family, friends, and faith also hold a special place in my life. I love to spend time with my friends and siblings, especially my brother with whom I can share my nerdy side. As for my faith, God is the One in my life who means the most. He's blessed me with so very much, despite my own unworthiness, and for that I am forever grateful.
     So, in closing, I want to thank those that have read this; thank you for taking the time to read about my own boring self :)
<3 a fangirl
   

1 comment:

  1. Yessss, I remember the Silmarillion:) Have you read the Children of Hurin? Really good book=)

    ReplyDelete